The Sorosis Club of Lakeland, Florida was organized in March 1922 when several local women met at the home of Mrs. George Wright. The group decided to call itself the Sorosis Club and elected a temporary slate of officers. The club held its first official meeting on May 1, 1922 and erected a slate of officers and applied for acharter from the State of Florida.
In 1927 the Sorosis Club commissioned noted Lakeland architect Wilbur Talley to design a new clubhouse on the shores of Lake Morton. The new clubhouse was completed in late 1927 and was home to the Sorosis Club until the building was sold in 1980. The Sorosis Club itself merged with the Women's Club of Lakeland in 1986. The Sorisuis Club building still stands and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is currently owned by the Junior League of Greater Lakeland.
This collection consists of the yearbooks produced for club members each year. The yearbooks included a lists of officers and active and life members, and the club's constitution and by-laws, as well as other items that varied from year to year.